Registration is now open for Spring 2021 Players, Managers/Coaches, and Umpires!
A few important notes about the spring 2021 season:
- We had a very successful summer and fall season with no stoppages in play due to COVID. We attribute this to the diligence and support from our players, families, and coaches, to our COVID protocols. At this time, we are not anticipating any changes in our approach, and are planning for another successful season.
With that, all players will be required to have their own equipment, including a helmet (face guards are required for the T-ball and Rookie leagues), bat, and glove. The league does have a limited number of helmets and bats that may be "checked out" for the season. To request one, or more, items, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will coordinate this closer to the beginning of the season.
- We have revised our pricing structure for 2021, and this is due to several reasons:
The first, as noted above, the cost of providing safety equipment and supplies has increased the operating costs per player in 2020 and 2021.
Secondly, we have increased our overall umpiring costs by working to schedule two umpires, per game, at our minors and majors levels.
Thirdly, we have a number of planned enhancements to the program as a whole, including new scoreboards at Bise and Getinge fields, a permanent fence at Getinge, and many other enhancements that will be enjoyed by players throughout the program for years to come.
- We are bringing back the "MLB Pitch, Hit, and Run" event, and adding the "MLB Home Run Derby" event. More details will be provided once the fields are open and available.
- Our start of the season is dictated by the fields being released by the town. We are hopeful we will be able to get on the fields by mid-April to the beginning of May. More details will be sent out closer to the start of the season.
- We use the official Babe Ruth age matrix to determine league eligibility.